Demonstration Speech (1st Semester Final Exam)
Demonstration Speech Notes
Speech Scoring Guide
Speech Outline Format
Era of Sherlock Holmes
Parts of Speech
Sequencing & Clues
Urban Legend Presentations
Inference Short Stories
Apply your inferring skills to the story.
1. Read one of the short stories below: “The Lottery,” “Eleven,” “Marigolds,” “Beware of the Dog,” or “Lamb to the Slaughter.”
2. Summarize and paraphrase the story by locating the main idea and giving supporting examples from the text.
3. Choose a character from the story.
4. Draw at least 3 conclusions about him or her. Be sure to have valid inferences.
5. How did your inferences impact your comprehension and appreciation of the story? Were your conclusions correct?