Activities - Completed DURING Reading
SL Reading Guide/Discussion Questions
Vocabulary & Question Assignment
Parody Group Project
Team Member Descriptions & Project Rubrics
FREEBIE - offered until the day of the Scarlet Letter test
* Choose 1. You will be presenting your project to the class.
1. Create a short story. Imagine these characters living in this day and age. Write a story (at least 3 pages) that modernizes one of the important scenes in the novel. Use the same character names but change anything else that you wish in order to make this novel more modern. Try to stay with the same basic story line so that the novel doesn’t get changed too drastically.
2. Create a video of an excerpt of the novel. Update the story to the present day. This one is GROUP WORK! Everyone in your group MUST participate. Turn in your script and what role (screen playwright, actor, director, cinematographer, etc.) each group member was and why.
3. Create a comic book of this novel. It needs to be neat, colorful, and complete.
4. Create a rap. It must be about the novel. The rap needs to cover the novel completely. You will perform it in class!
5. Create a powerpoint. In your powerpoint, you will report on herbal medicine. Include names and sketches of common plants which are useful in curing human disease.
6. People magazine’s love triangle of the year—Produce a magazine article in which you try to piece together the story of this love triangle from the various characters’ points of view. Your article should include comments by Hester, Arthur, and Roger. The main goal here is to understand the effect their actions had on each of the others. Be sure to bring out the major events of the story in some way. Your finished product should look like a magazine article and include various pictures.
7. Create your own project. Get approval my first!